What's in Holly's Tool Kit?
Welcome to Holly's tool kit! Have a look around and see if there's anything that might be useful to you!
The Basic Tools
- An intricate knowledge of PLAY - what it is, what it's for and how to make more of it happen.
- A deep understanding of GROUP WORK - how to provide a safe space that allows people to connect, unguarded.
- A life-time's experience as a PERFORMER, DIRECTOR AND FACILITATOR.
- An MA in DRAMATHERAPY - a sturdy foundation that underpins all of Holly's work.
- Clowning - finding your clown, exploring audience interaction, performing solo or with a group, pure improvisation or devised set-pieces.
- Fooling - solo improvisation exploring the various inner-voices that make up the 'Self'- for private investigation or public performance.
- Storytelling - structures for creating improvised fictional stories, telling stories without words, autobiographical storytelling / stand-up.
- Character Creation - discovering characters through the body, techniques for unleashing characters from the imagination.
- Dance / Movement / Physical Theatre - mindful movement - learning to listen to and follow your own impulses, developing confidence to express yourself through your body.
- Puppetry / Object Animation - bringing objects to life.
- Playful Voice Work - exercises to help you release your natural voice, find the fun and pleasure and develop the confidence to improvise with a group of people.
- Live Music - exploring how live music and performance interact.
- Creative Writing - dynamic ways of integrating writing with action, exercises for generating content.
- Dramaturgy - narrative structures for devised and improvised performance.
- Theatre For Non-Theatre Spaces - site-specific / street / promenade / walkabout theatre.
- Forum Theatre / Playback Theatre - exploring issue-based / personal story through performance.
- Laughter Yoga - simple exercises that help you release laughter.
- Mindfulness / Meditation - drawing on the Insight Meditation tradition and the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction syllabus to offer contemplative sitting and walking meditations.
- Communication Skills Training - drawing on her Non-Violent Communication and Circle of Trust training.
- Reflection Techniques - using dialogue, writing, drawing and embodiment to articulate your own pearls of wisdom.