Advanced Fooling Summer School
Holly Stoppit’s Advanced Fooling Summer School is a 5-day advanced course for anyone who’s previously completed a 5-day Fooling Summer School.
This 5-day course builds on the 5-day fooling summer school and is designed to take 8 brave explorers deeper into their fooling practice. It will be a group journey that will support you to take bigger risks with the solo form. There will be opportunities to:
• deepen your understanding of your masks
• explore the structures which contain solo improvised performance
• blast through personal blocks to creativity
• generate raw material which can be used to devise theatre
• deal with doubt and fear (externalise the inner critic and put it to work)
• further develop your sensitive, connected, alive and dangerous performance style
• learn tools to safely bring vulnerability and authentic feelings into any style of performance/real life interaction
• practice listening to yourself and being curious in your response to what you find.
To read more about what happens during this course, check out my blog, What Actually Happens During These Fooling Workshops
Dates: Monday 7th - Friday 11th August 2017
Times: 10am-5.30pm (ish) each day
People: 8 per course
Venue: St Michaels Primary School, St Werburghs, Bristol
Application Deadline: 27th March
Cost: £350* / £300** / £250***
*This is our sponsor rate. It's for those who are earning enough money that they feel able to support another participant to attend for the supported rate.
**This is our standard rate.
***This is our supported rate for those who are unemployed or in full time education.
You need to have completed Holly's Fooling Summer School to apply for this course.